This episode I talk about all of the strategy that goes into a half marathon event
Even after you’ve done all the training there is:
- Nutrition in the lead up: should you be carb-loading or avoiding fiber?
- Hydration before the big day: how to make sure you are actually absorbing all of that water
- What’s your pacing strategy: why negative splits are terrifying, but can help you
- What’s your on-day nutrition and fuelling strategy?
- Why would you warm up when you are running a ridiculous amount of kilometres anyway?
- And finally, your recovery plan
So I talk a bit about all of those things and I have a teeny little rant about those posters that reduce the distance of your run to a certain number of cupcakes or donuts. Don’t even get me started. And here’s that phat fudge recipe I was talking about.
Leave a Reply