Ever had a break from running and then feel a bit lost?
Sometimes you have a break because life gets busy, or because you weren’t loving it and motivation was low or because you were sick or had an injury or something awesome like having a baby. There are a million reasons to have a break, and today I talk about why that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but you do often need some strategies to get back out there too.
I chat about:
- Taking a good look at why you needed the break – maybe you weren’t enjoying it or you were overtraining
- Being smart with your body when you are building up distance again
- Having realistic expectations of yourself
- Learning from your break, rather than just ploughing on forward
- Focussing on the process, not the goal
- Treating your body as an ally, not the enemy
- Where to start and tips to get you going in the beginning