This week’s episode is a wide ranging affair.
I talk to Dr Jen Martin this week. You can find her on instagram, twitter, or on her website. You can also catch her on the radio. Although Jen is pretty busy with all of the fast moving changes to university education over the last few months, I’m grateful that she took the time to have a chat with me this week.
I met Jen through Learn to Run and have coached her since then. You can read a bit more about her story here, but I will also be back in a future episode with more of our chat about how she got into running.
When the new restrictions came into place, I wanted to talk to her as someone who is having to deal with the restrictions as someone who is used to running significantly more than an hour a day, and also as someone who has a great perspective on the wide ranging effects of the pandemic, even for those of us who are really lucky to be where we are.
If you have any follow up questions for Jen, let me know because we’ll be catching up again!
Sign up for the introductory 8 week program here, it’s free!
You can sign up here, just make sure that you tick the walking challenge box.
Support the podcast, so we can make more and get access to bonus episodes!
You can support Operation Move and the podcast on Patreon. I am so grateful for your support! In this week’s bonus episode, I’m talking about tempo running – why it doesn’t have to be scary, how it should feel and some ideas for a warm up to make everything a whole lot easier.
Would you like your question answered?
Learn to Run is now accepting registrations!
The final program for the year starts on the 7th September and includes:
- 12 weeks of programming and support
- Four programs suitable from absolute beginner through to someone who is already running, but wants to imporve
- Option of our established program or upgrading to individualised sessions and one-on-one support
- All the accountability and support you need to make it fun and sustainable.
Check out Run Club and the Operation Move Sisterhood
Our amazing community includes:
- Plans from 5km to Marathon from Beginner to Advanced
- Weekly workouts for when you are in between plans, or just to spice up your week
- A private facebook community
- Access to coaches for all your questions
- And most importantly – the most supportive community you can imagine!
You can sign up here.
Stay up to date on: