How do you prepare for that big workout, benchmark run or even a virtual race?You might not want to do a full taper like you normally would, but you still want to give it the respect it deserves! This week I’m talking about:
- Adapting your week
- Keeping your priorities straight
- What things won’t make a difference
- How to set yourself up for a good physical and mental level of readiness on the day
- And keeping focused on what your goal is while not getting locked into the outcome
Listener Question!A listener wanted to know how to use treadmills vs running outside. So I talked a bit about:
- What treadmills are really awesome at
- What they are less awesome at
- How to adapt sessions to the treadmill
- And if you do all of your running on the treadmill, how will it translate to outside?
Sign up for the introductory 8 week program here, it’s free!You can sign up here, just make sure that you tick the walking challenge box.
Support the podcast, so we can make more and get access to bonus episodes!You can support Operation Move and the podcast on Patreon. I am so grateful for your support! In this week’s bonus episode, I’m talking about tempo running – why it doesn’t have to be scary, how it should feel and some ideas for a warm up to make everything a whole lot easier.
Would you like your question answered?As promised on the podcast, you can book in a skype call here Or you can email me here.
Check out Run Club and the Operation Move SisterhoodOur amazing community includes:
- Plans from 5km to Marathon from Beginner to Advanced
- Weekly workouts for when you are in between plans, or just to spice up your week
- A private facebook community
- Access to coaches for all your questions
- And most importantly – the most supportive community you can imagine!