This week is brought to you by I’ve heard way too many people gatekeeping new runners and I have feelings about that
It’s true. There are so many people who are new to running or giving it a crack again with gyms being limited or not quite open yet and I’m pretty annoyed with the level of gatekeeping or scaremongering that is out there. More runners is awesome! I’m so excited to see everyone out there trying something new or getting back to something that they used to love.
Everything I want new runners to know (and everything people wished they’d known before they started)
In this episode I’m talking:
- Injury prevention
- Strength training
- What shoes to buy?
- Bodytype BS
- Is your technique worse if you run slow?
- How to slow down.
- Walking is your friend
- Managing fatigue when you start
- How to breathe
- And most importantly, yes it does get easier.
Support the podcast, so we can make more and get access to bonus episodes!
You can support Operation Move and the podcast on Patreon. I am so grateful for your support! In this week’s bonus episode, I’m talking about tempo running – why it doesn’t have to be scary, how it should feel and some ideas for a warm up to make everything a whole lot easier.
Would you like your question answered?
As promised on the podcast, you can book in a skype call here Or you can email me here.
Check out Run Club and the Operation Move Sisterhood
Our amazing community includes:
- Plans from 5km to Marathon from Beginner to Advanced
- Weekly workouts for when you are in between plans, or just to spice up your week
- A private facebook community
- Access to coaches for all your questions
- And most importantly – the most supportive community you can imagine!
You can sign up here. Stay up to date on:
You can listen on iTunes, Spotify or Stitcher
Leave a Reply